Message From the Director
Mid - Year Update
Posted: 27 Jun 2019 10:53 AM
Alot has happened over the past three months since our last update.
Chapter Q and Chapter C had their respective Fund Raisers – always a good time and great prizes.
With much “summer” riding left, the following is a high level list of Events:
- 4th of July Parade – the District is sponsoring our organization to ride in the St Peter Independence Day Celebration. Be at the gathering point is at W Medary St and N Washington Ave in St Peter, MN at 9 am on July 4th to Ride in the Parade.
- MN & ND District Rally is right around the corner, starting on July 12th at the Ramada Inn & Suites in Fargo, ND. We have many fun activities planned, so we will see you there.
- Region E Reunion Ride Inn at La Crosse, WI.
- Chapter R BS Session at New Richland Community Center, New Richland, MN. Social at 11, Lunch at noon – go to the Calendar tab to view details.
- Chapter N Wings for Wings at Whitetail Woods Regional Park, Farmington, MN – Social at 11, Lunch at noon – go to the Calendar tab to view details.
- Wind Ding 41 in Nashville, TN. from August 27th to 31st.
Plus many fun Chapter Rides and Events! If you cannot find something to do, you are not looking hard enough. Look at the District web site (Calendar tab) for Chapter, District and National Events.
Bob & Renae
Posted: 19 Feb 2019 11:12 AM
Some quick hitters for a March Update. For more information, see the MN & ND Journal (Newsletter).
Upcoming - see calendar for details
- IMS - The MN District did have a contest for present GWRRA Members that attended the motorcycle show, and entered the drawing, for an individual one-year membership. There were forty-five enters in the drawing. Now for the drawing winner was Jody Hurlburt (from Hastings) won the drawing. Congratulations to Jody!
- Mid-Winter Meltdown - another fun time to break the Winter Blues.
Although the Winter seems to be very long, now is the time to plan summer trips or tag up with others that have already planned trips.
- OPS Meeting - April 6th in Fargo, ND
- Open Houses and FunRaisers
Bob & Renae Hicks MN & ND District Directors
Posted: 22 Jan 2019 08:17 PM
IMS, Meltdown and District RallyWe are just getting familar with our MN & ND look to the Web site; how does eveyone like it?
Feedback is always accepted.
Now for the Title Teaser - We hope to see many down at the IMS (International Motorcylce Show) at the Minneapolis Convention Center. We are one of a hand of cites in the US and Canada that have the IMS event here. The show is fun to see what's new, whether be our favorite brand or specialty equipment. Come by the booth, and register for a free, individual one-year membership provided by the District. One entry person, please.
The District is hosting a Mid-Winter Meltdown on Feb 23 at the Grand Hinckley Inn (across the parking lot from the Casino in Hinckley). It is a fun time, whether you stay for the day, or stay overnight at the hotel.
Make sure you mark your calendar for the North of Normal Rally in Fargo, ND on July 12 - 13. See details under the Rally / Events tab.
Thanks and stay warm
Bob & Renae
Decermber 1, 2018
Posted: 11 Dec 2018 08:49 AM
This is our last blog and Journal entry. We wish the best for the GWRRA MN&ND Districts.
Again thanks to Bob & Renae Hicks for stepping up to the assistant position a couple of years ago. They will be fun to work with as your new directors!
We have had four great years. One as Assistant Directors and three as Directors. We have enjoyed working with everyone the past four years
So with the worn out statement--where did the time go?
Continue to do the good work you have been doing for the MN & ND Diistricts.
Ride safe, 2, 3 or 4 wheels
Joe & Jan Marek
Posted: 10 Nov 2018 01:50 PM
Well this will be the year of Winter to Summer to Winter with a taste of Spring and Fall and generous doses of rain.
However calendar planning is going on for 2019 January – December. There a lot of ideas out there and new ideas keep on coming.
If you have an idea share it with your Chapter Director and get it on your calendar.
Have a great Thanksgiving,
Joe & Jan
Sr. MN & ND District Directors