Message From the Director
May 10, 2020
Posted: 10 May 2020 12:47 PM
With the ever changing times, we will be updating the news of the Day!
MN – ND District Ride In – September 19, 2020. We have created a September Ride In – hopefully the uncertainty of how we will be opening will be known. See Flyer on the Rally/Events tab, then the Events Details.
2021 MN - ND District Rally will be in Winona, MN. There is some awesome riding around the southeastern Minnesota and southwestern Wisconsin. The Agenda (coming soon), Flyer and Registration Form is located on the MN – ND District web site under the Rally/Events. There are 3 ways to register – register on-line and pay on-line, register on-line and send check, or fill out registration form and send check or money order.
Come and enjoy some
riding fun in hills, valleys and bluffs of the Mississippi River Valley!
Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:24 PM
It has been a while since our last update. A lot has changed with the virus and stay-at-home orders.
Be patient, things maybe looking bleak, but it will get better. Even in the 1918 Pandemic, things got better.
At this time: Canceled
Wing Ding 42 has been CANCELED. Next year’s location will be sent out soon.
MN - ND District Rally has been canceled.
Posted: 15 Nov 2019 10:28 PM
It has been a while since we posted anything on the web
page, but we are trying to get back in the saddle.
Hopefully all had a good riding year, although it ended
abruptly in October and then more cold and some snow in November. But don’t fret
– now is the time of the year for us in the North to attend some inside
activities over the cold winter months.
There are many Christmas / Holiday Parties over the next
month. Check with your Chapter Directors for other Chapters’ parties – it is
fun to hang out and enjoy other Chapter folks that we do not get to see all the
There will be a Mid-Winter Meltdown in Hinckley at the Grand
Hinckley Inn, pencil in the date on February 29th – from 1PM to ??. There
is a game room that is rented and a reduced room rate. Bring a dish and game to share with others. Come up, or down, for the
day or reserve a room and play into the wee hours of the morning. Details will
be forwarded soon.
The District is endeavoring to set up a “Training Day” in
March. We will have a class, or two, and then perhaps Medic First Aid for folks
that want to keep up to date on their training.
Bob & Renae
Mid - Year Update
Posted: 27 Jun 2019 10:53 AM
Alot has happened over the past three months since our last update.
Chapter Q and Chapter C had their respective Fund Raisers – always a good time and great prizes.
With much “summer” riding left, the following is a high level list of Events:
- 4th of July Parade – the District is sponsoring our organization to ride in the St Peter Independence Day Celebration. Be at the gathering point is at W Medary St and N Washington Ave in St Peter, MN at 9 am on July 4th to Ride in the Parade.
- MN & ND District Rally is right around the corner, starting on July 12th at the Ramada Inn & Suites in Fargo, ND. We have many fun activities planned, so we will see you there.
- Region E Reunion Ride Inn at La Crosse, WI.
- Chapter R BS Session at New Richland Community Center, New Richland, MN. Social at 11, Lunch at noon – go to the Calendar tab to view details.
- Chapter N Wings for Wings at Whitetail Woods Regional Park, Farmington, MN – Social at 11, Lunch at noon – go to the Calendar tab to view details.
- Wind Ding 41 in Nashville, TN. from August 27th to 31st.
Plus many fun Chapter Rides and Events! If you cannot find something to do, you are not looking hard enough. Look at the District web site (Calendar tab) for Chapter, District and National Events.
Bob & Renae
Posted: 19 Feb 2019 11:12 AM
Some quick hitters for a March Update. For more information, see the MN & ND Journal (Newsletter).
Upcoming - see calendar for details
- IMS - The MN District did have a contest for present GWRRA Members that attended the motorcycle show, and entered the drawing, for an individual one-year membership. There were forty-five enters in the drawing. Now for the drawing winner was Jody Hurlburt (from Hastings) won the drawing. Congratulations to Jody!
- Mid-Winter Meltdown - another fun time to break the Winter Blues.
Although the Winter seems to be very long, now is the time to plan summer trips or tag up with others that have already planned trips.
- OPS Meeting - April 6th in Fargo, ND
- Open Houses and FunRaisers
Bob & Renae Hicks MN & ND District Directors